Do you have orthodontic braces that make brushing your teeth difficult? Not to worry, there are cleaning techniques that can keep your smile bright and white. If your braces are getting in the way, your best option is to change the way you brush. It is also recommended to ask our orthodontist which tools work best for cleaning with braces. Here a few tips to get you started:
– Continue brushing your teeth twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
– Brush your gumline at a 45-degree angle. Be sure to brush all your teeth at the gumline and above and below the braces.
– Do not miss your regularly scheduled appointments with your orthodontist.
– Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
– Always rinse your mouth with water before brushing. This can loosen any debris that has gotten stuck in your braces.
– Make sure to keep up the habit of attending your professional cleanings and oral exams with your dentist.
Our orthodontist at Alexander Orthodontics can craft you a customized plan to determine which orthodontics treatments work best for your needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Steven Alexander, please call 518-793-8511 in Queensbury, New York. Don’t let bad oral hygiene stop you from having a healthy, confident smile!